Reasons to Read to Your Child
Posted February 16, 2010on:
10 Reasons to Read to Your Child
by Nancy Ann Wartman, http://www.UsborneUSA.com
1. This attention lets them know you love them.
2. Reading to them will encourage them to become readers.
3. It is fun for both children and adults, as many books have hidden surprises and puzzles.
4. Reading helps them become lifelong learners. The information & illustrations are entertaining as well as educational, giving children a love of learning.
5. This is one way of passing on your values.
6. Reading encourages your child’s imagination to soar.
7. School & learning will be more satisfying for them, building their self-esteem. Success in life will be easier for them to attain.
8. For that short time, they will stay clean and quiet. 🙂
9. Every teacher they encounter will appreciate it.
10. Your child will thank you!